Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Walk Down Memory Lane

Dear Morgan, Jonathan and Luke,
Several days ago I took a walk around Lake Estes. It was not quite Spring, but it was a warm and windless day. On the north side of the lake, I encountered a flock of Canadian Geese. We see them a lot up here in the Spring. We've even seen a row of goslings following dutifully behind their mother. And I've been hissed at when the mom thought I was getting too close!

Seeing the geese made me think of my Grandma Holdorf. Sadly, you never met her. She passed away on Easter morning in 1993. She lived her whole life in Omaha, Nebraska. When she and my grandpa would come to Colorado for a visit, one of her favorite things to spot was a Canadian Goose. I guess she didn't see them much in Nebraska.

I just wanted you to know that little bit about my grandma. Now, when you see a Canadian Goose, you can think of me, and I'll be thinking of her.
I love you, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment